Aesculap Academy Perioperative Nursing 101 at The Medical City on March 31 – April 26, 2011
Aesculap Academy Philippines
Perioperative Nursing 101
Target group: Registered Nurses
Date: March 31 – April 26, 2011
Aesculap Academy/The Medical City, Ortigas, Pasig City
- 11-day (88 hours) Didactics: 9 AM—6 PM (Lectures, demonstration, film showing, workshop and exams) at Aesculap Academy, JMT Building, Ortigas Center, Pasig City.
- 11-day (88 hours) Clinical Exposure: 8 hours per day (Practicum in scrub and/or circulating roles and other OR duties) at The Medical City (Rotation in the Surgery Suite, Ambulatory OR and Delivery Suite)
Course Description: A Basic Competency Training Program for nurses which covers the principles and techniques of perioperative nursing and their application in surgical settings. It includes extensive learning of AORN standards and recommended practices as well as competency-based training.
Course Objectives and Technical Competencies:
At the end of the course, participants should be able to -
1. Understand the different concepts of peri-operative care;
2. Assess the client’s condition and needs pre-operatively, intra-operatively and post-operatively for the purpose of rendering appropriate intervention;
3. Independently set-up a surgical room, equipment, instruments and supplies for a procedure, operation observing the principles and standards learned;
4. Assist and/or circulate for any basic to intermediate operative procedure at an acceptable level of competence; and,
5. Accept responsibility and accountability for safe, efficient and effective delivery of care.
- Orientation to The Medical City
- Perioperative Concepts and Standards
- Peri-anesthesia Nursing
- Care of the Perioperative Patient
- Risk and Safety Management in the Operating Room
Course organizer: The Medical City and Aesculap Academy
Points: Twenty-two (22)
Registration fee: Php 10,000 (includes course materials, lunch and snacks during didactics)
Maximum number of participants: 30
Note: Pre-registration is required.
Source: Aesculap Acdemy Philippines
Use of Information Policy: All content provided on this website is for informational purposes only. The administrator of this website makes no representations as to the accuracy or completeness of any information on this website or found by following any link on this website. The administrator will not be liable for any errors or omissions in this information nor for the availability of this information and for any losses, injuries, or damages from the display or use of this information.
Disclaimer: Comments posted in this website are those of the readers and do not necessarily reflect the position of PND. PND does not knowingly publish false information and may not be held liable for the views of readers exercising their right to free expression.