CCNAPI Training Program: Advanced Cardiac Life Support: The ABCD of Resuscitation
The course is designed for nurses who participate in the resuscitation of a patient, whether in or out of the hospital. Through this course, the nurses will enhance their skills in assisting during the treatment of the adult victim of a cardiac arrest or other cardiopulmonary emergencies. This course on the ACLS: The ABCD of resuscitation will emphasize the importance of basic life support – CPR to patient survival; the integration of effective basic life support with advanced cardiovascular life support interventions; and the importance of effective team interaction and communication during resuscitation. This ACLS course is American Heart Association (AHA) – aligned program and will apply simulated clinical scenarios that encourage active; hands-on participation through various learning stations. This methodology will provide the participants with more practice sessions that is essential in building skills individually, as part of a team, and as team leader.
Through the realistic simulations, this program aims to provide the participants with the opportunity to reinforce the following key concepts:
1. Proficiency in basic life support care;
2. Recognizing and initiating early management of per-arrest conditions;
3. Managing cardiac arrest;
4. Identifying and treating ischemic chest pain and acute coronary syndromes;
5. Recognizing other life-threatening clinical situations (such as stroke)
6. Providing initial care; ACLS algorithms; and effective resuscitation team dynamics; and
7. Identifying important concepts in post-resuscitation care.
Requirement prior to ACLS Course:
1. BLS Certification of Completion
2. Basic EKG Course
Program Accreditation No.: 2009-019-046
Valid From: December 29, 2009 – December 29, 2010
PRC: 21.5 Credit Units
CCNAPI: 24 Credit Units
SCHEDULE: (Dates are subject to change without prior notice.)
* May 20-22, 2010
* June 14-16, 2010
July 12-14, 2010 July 15 – 17, 2010
* August 19-21, 2010
* September 16-18, 2010
* October 18-20, 2010 October 21 – 23, 2010
* November 25-27, 2010 November 18 – 20, 2010
* December 13-15, 2010 December 9 – 11, 2010
- Go here for instructions on How to Register for CCNAPI Seminars and Training
- Visit the Critical Care Nurses Association of the Philippines (CCNAPI) page for information on how to be a member of CCNAPI.
Use of Information Policy: All content provided on this website is for informational purposes only. The administrator of this website makes no representations as to the accuracy or completeness of any information on this website or found by following any link on this website. The administrator will not be liable for any errors or omissions in this information nor for the availability of this information and for any losses, injuries, or damages from the display or use of this information.
Disclaimer: Comments posted in this website are those of the readers and do not necessarily reflect the position of PND. PND does not knowingly publish false information and may not be held liable for the views of readers exercising their right to free expression.